23 January 2016

Six days with new hip

It is evening, and I am tired. Well, yes, there is reason. I am only six days out of major surgery under general anesthesia. Have had physical therapy (PT) and occupational therapy (OT) evaluations. Played hard with OT yesterday and today. Have had dressing changes each of the last three mornings, which requires much distraction and deep breathing. My 28 (I think) staples look good, but I am starting to be sensitive to the tape, so layers of ME are coming off each time dressing gets changed. I am getting a good record of state of incision on my phone. No, I will not post, but you may ask, if you come visiting. I forgot to request painkillers until about 4 pm today, AFTER OT, rearranging of my space here, putting clean laundry away, and visits. But I will say, I think I am healing quite nicely. Hardest thing may be to keep myself from overdoing it. Visits from local friends now being accepted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment