25 January 2016

1week out

Blessings, oh blessings on the weather! I was able to go out in the courtyard the last three days. Why is this important? I CAN'T HEAR ANY TELEVISIONS OUT THERE. I haven't lived with TV since 1973. A hallway with multiple TVs blaring from different rooms is NOT my idea of a peaceful environment in which to heal. Being able to go soak up sunshine, talk to plants, listen to a hummingbird, that is healing.
I was in this same nursing home in 2012, when I had the infected foot that had to be carved up. I went into the courtyard yesterday, and thanked the plants that helped me then. One is an ornamental maple tree, whose buds are just beginning to swell, whom I last saw shedding its leaves. Another is a stalwart blue spruce. The ornamental Japanese maple that they stupidly planted during a 95 degree summer, has since died.
I can't figure out how to get pics out of my phone, onto this site, but I am very, very pleased with my current status. My standing alignment is perfect! Thanks to lots of time in the local pool, I am sure. The external rotation in my right leg is virtually gone! My daughter (who has to lift my leg in to the car) says that my leg moves smoothly, not catching, (crunch, crunch) all the time.
I get to have a shower tonight, and wash off all kinds of goo, ooze, and sweat. Ah, simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment