10 January 2012

Happy Birthday to me

Happy Birthday to me---NOT. Tomorrow is my birthday. I will be spending it in the bankruptcy court AGAIN, trying to get GreenTree to LEAVE ME ALONE. So that I can continue trying to figure out how to have more money coming in. I will also be at Target, spending money to get a few on my anti-depressants, as my doctor and I don't know where the company shipped the free meds to. Spent yesterday at the local WorkSource office, learning how to use their services. Mostly online stuff available, or workshops that I can't get to because I would have to miss work! The one REALLY useful thing is that they have an account with Microsoft E-learning. I can work through the Office 2007 classes that I haven't taken, and then get certified in them. Useful skills when job-hunting, plus just material I want to know. Starting with Outlook, which I dislike, to get it over with. Then do Word. Then can run quickly through Excel (spreadsheet), which I use weekly and got an A in, previously. Then Access (database), which was also an A, but on 2003, which is very different than 2007. Then finish off with PowerPoint for dessert. Also, got a suggestion of a good, not too obnoxious typing tutorial, online. Knowledge and skills are never wasted. Sent Doug a link to the typing site, also. He likes games, if he plays typing games online, that is at least teaching him something. Didn't bike much during the colder weather, but now have an armwarmer/shrug, re-purposed from a thrift store sweater, that does a wonderful job keeping my arms warm. The wool gloves are too hot, so want to see about a really thin, light-weight pair. Wool? Silk? Frustration in trying to figure out how to post to this blog from my cell phone. Codes that should have come through on my phone, don't seem to have done so. Frustrating, as posting to via the phone would be a good use of bus or bus stop waiting time.Time to head to work, which at least is a cheerful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment