24 February 2016

Five weeks with new hip

Getting stronger and happier! Been back in swimming pool for several weeks. Physical therapy (hereafter PT) exercises that a year ago were excruciating are now minorly uncomfortable in a stretching/rebuilding kind of way. And my ability to DO them is improving!
Currently aggravating non-ability is, I am not allowed to get in to the position I need, to be able to trim my right foot toenails myself. Until bone growth firmly anchors the new hip to the bone, it has the possibility of dislocating my brand new hip. D does NOT know how to use a nail file/emery board for smoothing edges. Senior center has a foot care person there once a month, but cost is $25.00 for attention. What to do? Probably hand D a nail file to attend to his OWN fingers and toes, until he gains the skill to do mine.
D fell and scraped himself up nicely, coming up the back steps. He is rather frequently the victim of no right side of right eye vision, remnant of the 15 year ago brain hemorrhage. Edges of curb cuts and overhanging branches take him down several times a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment