20 January 2016

Three days with new hip

Three days with new hip. Going well. Nursing home tomorrow. I am actually being able to stand up straight again. My alignment looks to be pretty good. Simply hanging vertically in the swimming pool at the YMCA has evidently helped with that. My surgeon is happy with how the surgery went. I have a very impressive row of staples, holding me together. Did both rounds of physical therapy today with painkillers only JUST administered. Was still able to walk quite good distances, with smooth, even stride (and a death grip on the walker).
No muscles got unhooked or cut to get access to the hip ball and socket, the muscle fibers just got sort of parted, to let the bone out. So it should not be a very long time before the muscles quit yelling at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment