25 January 2016

Old draft-summer 2013

More resilient right now. Garden going well. I am eating lettuce, endive, a few peas, a few snow peas, kale, sorrel, red dock, beet greens. Got tomato plants from a local gardener today, who mostly grows heirlooms. I've also put in gooseberries, and Thundercloud Black Elderberry this year. Trying to take cuttings off of the big Blue Elderberry that I have admired a few miles away, for years. Gonna try and get cuttings off of my blueberries this year, also. And this year may  be the year to get brave about trying to graft apples. Have P-22 mini-dwarfing root stock multiplying themselves, so could take pieces off of the trees I've got, for scion-wood. With luck, this will be the year of the cucumber, as I am trying several open pollinated long varieties to find a replacement for the Tasty Jade F1 that I like so much, as i do not choose to grow F1 hybrids anymore. Also have edamame and fava beans in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment