14 November 2014

More hits

I've spent the past months trying to find/create joy in my new place. Now, all I have again is grief. No little girls allowed over. I'm so damn crippled by the damage to my hip that most movement hurts excruciatingly. Think ice picks jabbing into the joint. I'm only mobile in a wheelchair, and I can't move around in the yard, because the wheelchair sinks in the mole mounds. Now, after a summer of planting things rescued and new, it has gotten very cold, very quickly. For those of you untutored in plant chemistry, this means that many plants did not have enough warning, and time, to convert starches to sugars, also known as antifreeze. It is VERY likely that I have lost kiwis, Paulownia, elderberry, just for starters. I can't sleep with the window open, as the window froze open. How do I get actual pain relief from my doctor?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that things are going so poorly. I didn't know that was how plants managed to survive, or not, in cold weather, though it makes sense given how things like kale get "sweeter" after it gets cold... It may be that the doc has used all that they have as options for pain relief for you, given our previous conversation. I have no suggestions in that regard that are accessible without additional dosh, and might not help at that (things like acupuncture, or medical marijauana help some with pain issues) I did hear that you are going to have surgery fairly soon, and given how much that helped my dad, I hope it will help you as well! wishing you fortitude in these difficult times, your pal Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still at quite low dosages of one pain med. It can be increased a lot.

      Delete