17 April 2012

Sugar


I have a sugar addiction. Well, we are all hard-wired to like sugar, but its rarity in the natural world, has meant that, in the past, we had to put much effort into acquiring it. Like climbing trees, and argueing with the bees about who got the honey. Now, sweeteners are easy to aquire, don’t  take much money, and that is a problem. For me, particularly, as ANY sugars mess with my thinking. I have the most trouble with cheap candy. Good candy is made with sugar, probably from sugar cane. The cheap candy is based on corn syrup, and counteracts my prescription anti-depressant. But how to NOT EAT THEM? “Just say no” may work to PREVENT an addiction, but it just adds guilt when dealing with an existing addiction.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I knew a good answer. We each have our particular difficulties. I once had an acupuncture treatment that removed my sweet tooth for almost a year. That was not the intent of the acupuncture, but a surprising and welcome side effect...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VERY surprising. I'll keep it in the back of my head.

      Delete