30 November 2010

Bubbling brain

My brain is bubbling over with researches related to: Straw Bale Construction, a home built round houseCeltic Round Houseswillows that I would like to grow, and nut trees to buy and plant. I also sewed up some heat pads from flannel, about 8" x 15", and filled their pockets with beans, and stitched them shut. Microwaved, or heated in the oven while baking, and they make WONDERFUL foot warmers, hand warmers, or backwarmers.

The sidewalk garden needs some attention, but the kale, chives, comfrey, and Rose Campion all made it through the cold (as did I).

Gotta love youtube. Fix-it videos gave me what I needed for myself and my daughter to fix my clothes dryer together. When you've never seen it's guts, it is rather scary to contemplate surgery.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being brave enough to tackle dryer guts! And isn't youTube a great educational resource?

    I could so imagine you living in a round house!

    I've made myself a rice bag, to warm the bed. it isn't very big, but adds amazing comfort. To crawl into bed and have something WARM to put my feet onto, makes unclenching enough to head towards sleep a lot easier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just fixed my dryer too! It was satisfying to get it going again for just $10.

    Hey, I think I can help you with a few things on your wish list, but not till I get back from a vacation. Drop me a line at OlyBikes. - LL

    ReplyDelete